Thursday, July 16, 2015

Where DO All The Old Programmers Go???

My wife and I just happened to be doing a little shopping together last weekend in a little fabric store.  There by the front door was a moderately sized sign that advertised their "senior discount" program.  After a few moments, it hit my brain...  One more year and I could qualify!  I mean, 5% off is 5% off, but I sure as hell don't feel or act that old.

That little sign made me wonder...  What the hell does happen to older programmers?  Well, here's a few links that might explain where they go.  (and, no...  they don't dry up and evaporate, slowly curl up into the fetal position where they spend the rest of their lives or end up in rehab clinics for the chronically caffeine addicted.)

Where do all the programmers go?

Why aren't there a lot of old programmers at software companies?

A 55-Year-Old Developer Tells Us What It's Like To Face Homelessness In A Youth-Obsessed Silicon Valley

What happens to all the "old" programmers?

I've got about 20 years before retirement age...  One thing I can say at this point in my professional life...  Programming has never been, and never will be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment