Dirty minded people...
It's HOT here... 88F with a humidity that would make any jungle animal quite comfortable.
Anyway... My mind turned to this blog again. You know, I really SHOULD post more here. I mean, with my newfound projects and all.
Projects, you ask? Yes, I have a few new ones...
- Learn C. I mean, more than the typical advanced, scrolling, multicolored "Hello World" sort of level. I mean, really learn it. I really thought long and hard about whether I wanted to learn X86 Assembly or C. My brain is still on the fence just a bit, but when I sat down, wrote a "Hello World" program in each, the C version compiled and ran the first time. My Assembly version required some research to understand some of the assembler switches on NASM. Sure, I got my assembly program to, er... assemble but was a pain.
- I found my favorite college textbook, "An Introduction to Data Structures With Applications" by Tremblay and Sorenson. There may be better text books out there that cover this subject, but this is the one I have... And from my days at WIU, it is my favorite. What am I going to do? Well, when I used this book, all of our projects were written in USCD Pascal. What I would like to do is use several languages to write all the projects in the book. I am thinking of using C, Free Pascal, Modula III and Lua. Maybe a few others like Assembler, C++, Python, Java or Rust. Not certain, but it sounds interesting.
- Maybe... maybe find an open source project to contribute my time.
- Sailing... boating... sailing... OMG, I am a sailor! Yes, my significant other gave me sailing lessons for my birthday. Finished class about a week ago and bought a little sailboat built in the early 1970s by a company in Missouri called Advance. She is 16 feet long, and also known as the "Sweet 16". Great little boat, but is just for me. Our 18 foot cruiser is currently in the shop for repairs and HOPEFULLY will be home before there is ice on the lake.
- Project StarStare, my little project to automatically detect meteor streaks in night sky photos is on a temporary hiatus but my be revived this winter.
- RuralRuins will see some new photos, I promise.
And... There is plenty to bitch, moan and complain about... So... Be back soon.