Saturday, October 18, 2014

JAVA JAVA JAVA!!!

No, not Java, the computer programming language (or any of it's relatives.)  I mean coffee, java, espresso, mud, perk, decoction, ink, mother's milk, nectar of the gods...  I could go on...  Don't worry, I won't.

What better time than an early Saturday morning to approximate just how much coffee I have consumed since drinking my first cup of Folgers.  I still remember that chilly fall day, some time in my twelfth year or so.  Oh, just a little bitter but with a shot of milk I was hooked.

Many times I have blamed my lack of height on all the coffee that has passed down this gullet.   Or maybe it's genetic; The folks on my Mom's side of the family are all pretty short.  Maybe my lack of height is due to my questionable appreciation for good whisky.  Maybe...  ah...  I digress.

So...   How much coffee have I sipped, slurped or gulped since that chilly fall day?  Let'e do the math, shall we?

Years of drinking coffee:33
Average cups per day:4
Number of coffee drinking days:12,405
Total number of cups:48,108
Fluid Ounces:385,440
Fluid Pounds:24,090
Fluid Tons:12
Gallons:3,011
Grams of ground coffee per cup:9
Pounds of ground coffee:956

DAMN, that's a lot of coffee! Think I will go make myself another pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment